- Need help getting a website established for your club?
- Want to have online entries for your next event?
- Want ownership of your domain name with formal email addresses for your event officers?
I can help you with that and more. I make use of WordPress and various plugins to provide you with a secure stable website offering shopping cart services, event registration, the ability for you to create your own custom forms and most importantly, control the flow of your club information without relying on Face Book.
What you will get:
- Your own domain name that you will own. You will be able to direct your members to www.myclub.org to get their information. Should you ever decide to go with a different provider you can take your domain with you
- 5 email addresses so you can have a layer of separation to your identity. I suggest addresses like email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc… This make it much easier to deal with different members filling various roles throughout the life of the club.
- Hosting services – I use Dream Host to host my websites. Dream Host is one of the top providers of hosting services providing nearly 100% up time reliability.
- A website based on the WordPress open source platform. WordPress estimates that 31% of websites are based on WordPress, it’s fairly easy to learn with a web based interface designed around posts (like a blog) and pages (traditional websites). You will have Administrator rights, that means you will have the power to break things 🙂 I recommend you maintain a second account with slightly reduced rights for your day to day maintenance. I will also have Administrator rights so I can perform routine maintenance and help you when you need it.
- All In One WordPress Security plugin configured to maximize the security of your website.
- Visual Form Builder Pro for creating custom forms for whatever you need. That could include membership applications, contact forms for building a mailing list, simple surveys or event registrations.
- If you need to accept payments for things like membership dues or event registrations I can help you get setup with ECWID and/or PayPal.
I’ll be up front, you can do all this yourself and save some money – the links to the services and software are right there in the list. What I offer is taking care of the details of maintaining the back end. I’ll be making sure your software stays up to date, the hosting plans get paid for, the domain name gets renewed and more. I’ll also be able to help iyou get everything set up and running and be here to help when you need it.
How much will it cost? $100 setup fee and $120 per year after that. The annual fee includes the annual sdomain name fee, hosting services and any ongoing software fees.